Online journal of my homebrewing fun.


29 May 2006

Morning Brew

What a beautiful morning. Got up at about 630 to start my brew that I postponed from yesterday. I am about 40 minutes into my mash and things appear to be running smoothly. Right now I am having a cup of coffee, but plan to sample a little of the honey porter I made. I think that I may have added the honey a touch too soon and fermented it out. I attempted to backsweeten a bit with some clover honey. I am not sure I like the taste that the clover gave. I will have a much better impression today when I sample it. I am sure it has changed quite a bit now that it is properly carbed. Fun, fun!

1 Comments:

So what did you brew today? Wit?

I bottled some of my Honey Porter last night and it was goooooooooooooood. Same sweetness I've come to expect. Can't wait to put a keg of that stuff on tap.

Today wasn't a brew day for me... Was making starter wort. I just processed my first 7 qt jars, got another 14 to go... might get done by 7pm... we'll see. Long day (10 hours by the time all this is over). I could have sped it up by doing an extract starter wort, but come on... that's cheating!

Add a comment